Friday, August 9, 2013

Savannah Banana Designs Review & Isabella's Birthday Dress

This year for Isabella's third birthday I wanted her to have a special outfit.  For her second birthday, I didn't go with anything special and I regretted it when I saw the pictures.  I wanted my baby to be very cute and look put together for her special day!  I began my search MONTHS before now looking for the perfect outfit.  Unfortunately, I was having zero luck because I don't care for a lot of ruffles, animal print, or skanky clothing for girls.  I also am not the biggest fan of tutus on children other than for dress up clothes, so I was very limited, it seemed, on outfit choices that would have been special for her birthday. 

Then one of my friends from high school started a website/business called Savannah Banana Designs.  I 'liked' her page on Facebook, found her on www.etsy.com, and began to browse her inventory of items.  In her pictures were the cutest pillowcase-style dresses that I have ever seen.  Her precious daughter and namesake of the company is the model for a lot of her items on her Facebook page.  Crystal makes handmade dresses, memory blankets, bibs, burp cloths, headbands, complete outfits like the one pictured on the right and much more. 

I am so glad that I decide to buy from her site!  She is an absolute joy to work with!  I had very little inspiration when it came to what I was looking for, so I just emailed her and asked if she had a certain print available as a jumping off point.  She emailed me back straight away with several different fabric choices and ideas about what could be done.  I appreciated the quick response since most other companies or stores on etsy.com will have a 24-48 hour lag time to read your email. 

Before I decided on the style of dress that I was interested in and the fabric that I wanted, she hosted a giveaway on her Facebook page when she got to 100 'likes' and we won a headband!  I decided that would be the perfect accessory for Isabella's party dress and placed an order that day.  She had the dress and headband made and ready for pick up in less than 2 days, which was amazing turn around time!  We decided on a teal and white chevron print and hot pink border.  She made the headband reversible with the chevron pattern on one side and the hot pink pattern on the other. 

Once we got it home, Isabella tried it on and we had a little photo shoot to show off how absolutely cute she looked in her new outfit!  She loved it!  All night long she raved about her new birthday dress and she wore the headband to bed that night.  This pillowcase dress has a halter top and is a perfect length of just below her knees.  I fully intend to order more items from her as this one is awesome and I am very pleased with the results!   

Savannah Banana Designs can be found on Facebook and also on www.etsy.com.  She takes custom orders on a variety of sizes, has excellent choices for fabrics and has excellent prices for the quality that you are getting.  If you are in the market for some of the cutest little girl dresses, handmade items like memory blankets and bibs or headbands for all ages, then you should definitely get in touch with Crystal! 

-Sara  

No comments:

Post a Comment