Monday, August 19, 2013

Meal Planning 8/20- 8/25

The week back from vacation is always tough.  You have just spent several days not worrying about working or bills or what is for dinner.  And now you are back... sigh.  I guess that now is as good of a time as ever to start posting meal plans, grocery lists, and recipes again for weekly meals since I have been slacking on those. 

As a reminder, I always make a list of the meals that I want to have during the week but I never assign a specific day to a specific meal because that will ultimately go awry somewhere during the week and then my whole attitude towards meal planning will be thrown off. 

I write down the meals that I would like to have/make for the week like this: 

Then I take a separate sheet of paper and make a list of all of the ingredients that I will need to make any of these meals to see if I have any of the ingredients that are needed ahead of time so I don't repurchase items that we already have in stock.  As I find that item in my pantry or freezer I cross it off the list like this: 

 
 
Then, lastly, from that list I take all of the remaining items and write them down with an idea of where I am going to buy that item next to it like this:
 
                                              
 
Normally I try to buy the bulk of our items at Aldi because they are significantly less expensive especially when it comes to produce and usually dairy items.  If I have to go to Walmart, that is usually a last ditch trip where I have to buy name-brand items or something that doesn't exist at Aldi. 
 
As you can see, this week our meal plan is as follows:
  • Baked Tacos
  • Stuffed Shells and garlic bread
  • Salsa Chicken and Spanish Rice
  • Grilled Chicken/Steak and Twice Baked Potatoes or Baked Potato Casserole
  • Spaghetti
What's on your menu for this week?  

No comments:

Post a Comment