Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Anniversary

Today marks four years that my husband has been forced to stay with me married to me. 

I never thought that I would get married.  When I was younger I would hear other people talking about how they saw themselves in the future and I always thought something was wrong with me because I could never see myself getting married, or having kids or growing older in general.  For the longest time I thought maybe I was going to die before I became an adult because I couldn't see anything happening in my future. 

When I met Corry in November of 2006, I was at a point in my dating history where I was done dating.  He emailed me off an internet site and we just started talking.  I thank God everyday for what happened next because if it hadn't happened, my life would be totally different and I probably wouldn't be married to Corry today. 

In 2006 I reconciled with an old friend (friendship timeline and not age!) accepted an invitation to be in her wedding in Florida in December.  We were supposed to drive there a few days before the wedding and then have the wedding December 3rd.  The night before they were to get married we were on the boat that was their venue and while walking off I stepped into a sunk in manhole lid and fell and broke three bones in my left ankle and severely sprained my right ankle.  I will cover this exciting injury more tomorrow, but just know now that it was life changing. 

Because of this injury I was forced to move back in with my parents until I was able to walk up and down the stairs and wasn't able to actively date.  This forced me to really get to know someone before I dated them too quickly.  Insert Corry Lee Price into my life. 

We met officially in January 2007 and have been together ever since.  He is my everything and I love him more everyday.  I love you, Corry.  Thank you for loving me and taking care of us and being an awesome husband, dad and provider.  You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me. 

-Sara  

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how similar our lives are sometimes! I always thought I would never get married or want kids too! I also met my husband after rekindling an old friendship! I know if I had never done that, we would have never met. He lived in Lubbock and I was still in Fort Worth. The distance forced us to really get to know each other and take things more slowly in the beginning. We started talking in January of 2006 and officially met in March of that year. In April of 2007 he moved here to be with me, we were engaged by July 2007 and married in August of 2008.

    ReplyDelete