Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 New Year's Resolutions Update - Week 1

I am currently still running the Price Convalescent Center with the babies.  Because of this, I am less than excited about taking the time out to blog and I am sorry about that.  I figured that today would be a good day to provide my weekly update on my resolutions. 

2014 New Year's Resolutions
  • Personal
    • Post one blog everyday.
      • I have actually been doing awesome at this one.  I posted one everyday so far and that is amazing considering that I have been less than motivated to do anything this week except sleep and deal with sick kids.  When things slow down a bit, I plan to make a more formal schedule of when I want to post certain types of blogs.  Until then, they are going to be more random.   
    • Go on more dates with my husband. 
      • So far so good.  Last week we were invited to a friend's house to have dinner with some other couples.  It wasn't the traditional 'date' but since it was almost an hour and a half drive one way away from our home, it definitely provided us a night to step away from the kids and spend some quality time together. 
    • Start going on 'dates' with my kids, i.e. manicures with Grace, play-dates with Isabella, etc. 
      • This has not happened yet, but let's just blame it on everyone in our house being sick.  I will work on it. 
  • Home
    • Do 52 'Pinterest projects' for the year.
      • I have already completed 2 of the 52 promised ones for the year, so we are off to a good start.  I have ideas for a few more for the month but nothing solid yet.   
    • Stock freezer with prepared meals once per month.
      • My weekend to grocery shop and meal plan for the month is coming up soon.  I have planned to add at least a few meals to that meal plan to cook one month.  No plans so far as to what those meals will be. 
    • Do 12 'preps' for the year. 
      • Nothing so far.  Plans need to be made.   
  • Health
    • Drink more water. 
      • This has also been going well.  I have a Contigo 32oz water bottle that makes it easy to get in a large amount of water at work, since only two of those equal the amount of water that you should have for the entire day.  I had forgotten how much you have to go to the restroom when you drink the proper amount of water.  There has only been one day this last week that I have had less than 64 oz of water, which is awesome. 
    • Do some form of exercise 5 days per week. 
      • Failed so far.  I did sign up and take the class to be able to use the fitness center at my job, so that's a step in the right direction, at least.  We have treadmills and elliptical machines which I am excited about and a few other machines that I probably would not use to be honest with you.  This will be helpful to use while I am on lunch and need a workout.   
    • Take all medications and vitamins regularly.
      • I failed again on the weekends, but during the week I have been doing awesome.  It is easy for me to stay on schedule and take all my medications like I am supposed to.  Something about the weekend throws off that schedule and makes it impossible somehow.  I am going to get better. 

Overall, I have been doing well with all of this.  Since the beginning of the year, I have also been doing better with a lot of other things.  I have been eating better and in much smaller portions.  As of the last count, because of that, I have lost almost 4 lbs this last week.  I am definitely sticking with that.  I have also been doing a really good job at ensuring that my appearance is kept up with.  Over the last few years since I had my younger children, I have lost a bit of myself and this year I am determined to get that back.  I have been getting back into wearing makeup every, wearing heels to work and dressing in cute clothes and not totally for comfort.  I also have started using a hair straightener, which I have had in my bathroom for years and never touched. 

How are you doing on your resolutions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment