Thursday, July 11, 2013

52 in 52 #8 Jalapeno Popper Dip

I'm going to start off by saying that I am going to have to work very diligently to finish this 52 in 52 challenge that I am working on this year.  Luckily, I have BIG plans coming for the kid's birthday parties so I will definitely have the opportunity. 

With that being said, I have been eyeing this recipe for a long time on Pinterest.  I love all things to do with Jalapeno Poppers, so I figured who wouldn't love the dip.  For real, I mean it looks like this picture, except more awesome when you make it for yourself.  I didn't care for something about almost every recipe that I saw, so I just winged it.  I mean, really how hard could it be? 

And not to toot my own horn or anything but I am still snacking on leftovers.  This will definitely be made in a smaller more controlled portion size later.  I actually think that it is better after the first day.  Luckily, we are getting a fairly sizeable crop of jalapenos from our garden, so we were able to use fresh, which I think made it better.  I like this dish because you are totally in control of the spice level and can make it as tame or as hot as you prefer.  It's also very flexible with the kind and amount of cheese that you add and any additional spices.  Let me know if you try anything different because I would definitely be willing to try some variations.   


Jalapeno Popper Dip
Yields 1 8x8 pan roughly 1.5 inches thick
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes

2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4-6 jalapenos, finely chopped without seeds and ribs
6 pieces bacon, fully cooked and finely chopped
1 tsp Cumin
8 oz cheddar cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
4 oz butter
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Smoked paprika

- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

- Mix cream cheese, mayo, jalapenos, bacon, cumin, 1/2 cup Parm and cheddar cheese together completely.  Spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray lightly.  Press mixture into pan. 

- Melt butter in microwave.  Stir in remaining Parm cheese and breadcrumbs until fully combined.  Sprinkle breadcrumbs over mixture and top lightly with smoked paprika.  . 

- Place in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until topping is toasted and mixture is bubbly and awesome. 
 
Let me know some of your favorite dip recipes - I am always looking for a new one!

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment