Sunday, July 28, 2013

Remembering Kidd Kraddick

I don't remember the first time that I listened to the Kidd Kraddick morning show.  I do, however, remember listening to his show on and off since I was in middle school.  It was almost always on when we were driving to school in the morning and we even listened to his show during the summer. 

He has one of the few radio shows that has been able to have me rolling on the floor laughing one day and crying my eyes out the next day.  Even though I never personally met any of the members of this morning show, I know them.  They have been a part of my life since as far back as I can remember.  I remember rejoicing with Kelly when she told people that she was pregnant.  I remember every year as the year comes to an end starting to get anxious for the time(s) when they started playing the "Kissmas Wishes" on the radio - I mean, really.. if you don't get choked up listening to those then you need your soul checked. 

I rarely get rocked by 'celebrities' passing away, but this is different.  On top of being a part of our lives for more than 10 years, he was an awesome giver.  His numerous foundations and charities that he gave money, time, gifts, and attention to are too numerous to name here.  He was an incredible lover of children, especially disadvantaged or disabled children.  His unwavering devotion to giving to charity was admirable and will be sorely missed. 

I am saddened for all of the people that he leaves behind.  On top of his co-workers who have been with him for longer than most people are married, he leaves behind a beautiful 23 year old daughter Caroline, who was often mentioned on the show.  We, as listeners, have grown up with her.  I still think of her as the little 6 year old girl that Kidd spoke about often on his show.  My heart breaks for her and the pain that I know that she is going through.  I can only hope that she gets some sort of happiness in knowing how many people her father touched during his years on the radio.  Almost everyone that you talk to has something to say about him.   

The DFW area has an enormous hole in it's heart after this weekend.  RIP Kidd Kraddick. 

'Keep looking up, because that's where it all is."

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment