Monday, February 4, 2013

Resolution Update: Part II

So it's been more than a month since I started blogging everyday and since I made these resolutions; perhaps I should check in and report on how it's going. 

Personal
1. Be more "girl"y, i.e. wear makeup, do my hair, etc. - I am still fighting the sickness of 2013.  I have worn makeup more than this year already than I have since my daughter was born, but I could still do better.  This is a daily struggle since putting on makeup sometimes is a fight in my head because ultimately you just wash it off at the end of the day. 
2. Blog everyday. - I am now in a pattern with this.  It's no longer a struggle of *if* I should write, but more *what* I should write which is a good switch. 
3. Go on more dates with my husband. - I have some things planned, but no updates as of yet.

Home
1. Do 52 "Pinterest" projects for the year. -No new Pinterest projects since the last update.  I have done 3 out of 52.  This needs work.   
2. Stock freezer with prepared meals once per month. - We cooked a chicken spaghetti that was added to the fridge and my husband charred some chiles that we use all throughout the year.  I really need to work on this.   
3. Create a monthly budget and stick to it. -  Judge all you want, but we are one of those families that would rather have less money throughout the year to get a bigger tax return in February.  I get my work bonus at the same time and it seems like we accomplish more this way than little bits throughout the year.  I am hoping that this will push us back into a good money zone.  We aren't struggling right now or anything but we are not doing awesome. 
4. Save more money every month. - See above. I moved money into our savings this month. Was it as much as I would have liked? no.
5. Do 52 acts of preparedness. - I have not purchased anything from the list or done anything on this list.  This is horrible and I resolve to work on this. 

Health
1. Stop drinking sodas.  Since December 31, 2012, I have had the equivalent of less than one soda.  I have had sips here or there with awful headaches but nothing except diet and probably less than half of a can.   
2. Do some form of exercise 5 days per week. - Let's not speak about the fact that I have failed completely on this one. I will get better. 

Overall this is NOT a good update.  Except for the blogging and the soda it has been awful.  It has to get better. 

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment