Friday, February 22, 2013

Surprise date night tonight

Today my mother and my younger sister decided to take the three munchkins to Ikea in Frisco while the rest of us were at work.  Taking three children under 2.5 out in public for several hours is an undertaking and I don't recommend it to the faint of heart.  There are guaranteed meltdowns, countless diaper changes and not enough goldfish crackers in the universe to keep everyone satisfied. 

Luckily it all went well.  Items that were needed from Ikea were purchased and no one had a thermal meltdown in the store.  Naps were had by a few on the way home.  It turned out to be a decent day and an super decent trip outside of the house with the kids. 

Unfortunately, since Frisco is more than an hour away and they are tearing up and working on every freeway in between the two locations it becomes impossible to get over there and get back in a timely fashion.  Mom decided while stuck in traffic that she would take the kids and the Armada over to her house, Corry and I could go to dinner and then later on this evening when we were done she and dad would bring them back.  I like for my father to see the kids at least once every two weeks without intruding too much since mom gets more than her fair share of them during the week. 

Funny Confession Ecard: I don't care where we eat as long as its not at any of the 12 places you just named.Corry and I always have a 'discussion' about what we are going to eat which sounds a lot like this ecard that I read the other day (on the right)and we finally decided upon Torchy's Tacos and a cupcake from Red Jett Sweets.  We then just came home and chilled out - talking and being together until the kids came home.

I am so tired that I am falling asleep while trying to write this blog - not a good idea.  I am going to go to bed and hopefully will have something more interesting to write about tomorrow. 

- Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment