Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My husband is amazing

My husband and I have been married for almost four years.  He is the only man that I have actually wanted to spend more than a few weeks with.  It's comforting to know that he loves me as much as he does.  I know that he loves me because no one else would tolerate my random quirks and annoyances. 

My husband is not a sappy poem writer.  He doesn't sing me love songs or surprise me with slow dances in the kitchen.  However, he knows that all of those things are unnecessary to make me happy.  He knows me well enough to know that there are much more important things that he could do to keep me happy. 

  1. He lets me sleep when I am sleeping.  I have always been a sleeper.  I don't think that there are many times throughout the day when I am not tired.  It got a lot worse after my thyroid removal about 10 years ago.  Because I am always tired, I can fall asleep pretty much anytime, anywhere.  There are times when I inadvertently fall asleep on his side of the bed.  He loves me enough to let me stay asleep and he will just get into bed on my side of the bed.  He will also let me stay asleep on the couch if I fall asleep there until it's time to go to bed.  This is love. 
  2. He cooks dinner(s) during the week.  With my ridiculous commute + long work days, I am ridiculously unexcited about coming home to cook dinner.  He is great about making dinner for the family and it actually turns out awesome.  I am blessed to have a husband who knows how to cook and grill.  This is love. 
  3. He supports me.  When I decided that I wanted to have raised bed gardens this year, he was totally behind me and helped my mom construct them.  When I decided that I had enough of the silver hair that was creeping into my abnormally dark hair color, he went with me to have 12+ inches of hair cut off and dyed.  He doesn't question when I say that I want to do something and he goes out of his way to make sure that it happens. 
Hopefully he knows how much I love him and that I want to grow old with him.  Well, I want him to grow old with me - I don't want to get any older than I am right now. 

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment