Saturday, March 30, 2013

vine.com review

First, let me apologize for not keeping up with the 'blogging everyday' thing.  I do the best that I can but sometimes I get home and am dead on my feet or am too busy making memories with my family and can't bear to be dragged away.  I think that is worth the missed day, and I will make it up, I am sure. 

I mentioned in a previous post that we use Bac-Out as a part of our cloth diaper wash routine.  Bac-Out is an awesome product.  It's made by Biokleen, which is a company that makes a lot of natural cleaners.  It's technically called Bac-Out Stain and Odor Eliminator.  You can use it as a cleanser for laundry, cloth diapers, carpets, drains, etc.  It has a strong lemon/lime scent which is nice in the wash but doesn't remain on your clothes after the wash.  It's natural, non-toxic and biodegradable. 

Unfortunately, since not everyone has caught on to the awesome-ness of this cleaner, you can only purchase it from a select few brick and mortar stores.  There are a lot of places online that you can order it from but usually the shipping cost + the cost of buying it online is higher than to just drive to the store(s) that you can buy it from. 

The closest place that we can buy it from is a Kroger grocery store more than 10 miles away and we were having to drive out there twice a month to buy the only size that they had available which was 32oz.  We decided that since we were going to be using this as a part of our diaper routine that we would just order a larger quantity online and hopefully get a discount for ordering more than a gallon. 

I searched on amazon.com and found a deal ordering from a website called vine.com .  They charged $31.87 for a gallon of Bac-Out including taxes and shipping, which was a deal since we were paying more than $14 for the product at Kroger not including tax or the cost of gas to get there.  Plus they offered 2 day shipping. 

When I picked up the box from the front porch I noticed that the outside of the box was wet and I was scared to open it.  When Corry opened it, more than a cup of the product had leaked all over the box and the packaging inside because when UPS shipped the package they damaged the box.  It was packaged with those inflatable bags inside of an appropriate sized box.  Needless to say I was disappointed. 

I went back to amazon the following day and filled out a complaint with the company just to let them know that the item was damaged.  I just wanted them to know for the future that maybe they needed to package to assume that there would be damage by UPS or that they would speak with UPS about it.  I expected an apology and maybe a 'we hope that you have a better experience next time'.  What I got was totally unexpected.  Within an hour of sending the complaint, I got a returned email from the company stating that they were sorry that I had such a bad experience and that they would send a replacement item out immediately and that I could expect it in two business days.  I was shocked and amazed that a company would go out of their way to make my experience right.  I was even more shocked this morning to see that the box already made it to my door.  They sent it overnight to my house.  I am blown away with this company's customer service.  Not only did they apologize and make it right, but they made it better than my original experience.  I would completely recommend this company to anyone who shops on Amazon. 

Vine.com is a website that offers 'everything green' including soaps, cleaners, food, and household items.  They have anything that you can want, it seems, on their site.  They offer free delivery with a purchase over $49, which is awesome since they offer 2 day or faster shipping.  This is definitely a company that I will order from again.  They have definitely made a good impression on me and my family. 

What company's have you had an excellent customer service experience with? 

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment