Thursday, March 21, 2013

Why can't people do their jobs?

I just want people to do their jobs. 

I don't care what your job title is.  I have respect for people who work all kinds of jobs from CEO's to people who flip burgers.  What I don't have respect for is people who don't do their jobs.  You obviously were qualified enough to *get* the job; so do it! 

Tonight Corry was on-call with his job.  This is a less than joyous occasion because it never fails that he is out for hours at a time after his normal working hours.  I appreciate the work that he does and that he supports our family and works hard, but it still stinks to be at home by yourself.  I got lazy and decided to pick up some fast food for dinner... don't judge. 

We drive into the closest town and pull up the speaker at a Taco Bueno.  I tell the guy that I want two kid's meals.  Both with applesauce and an unsweet tea.  He responds with "hold on hold on hold on" and proceeds to ask me to repeat the order.  I'm agitated but prepared for things like this at the speaker.  I repeat it and he questions my drink twice on each kid's meal.  Can you see the blank stare that I am starting to take on at this point? 

I repeat the order again and then tell him what I want for my order.  I have a confession.  I gave up sodas for one of my resolutions this year and was doing amazing at it for two months.  Over the last two weeks or so I have been awful and have been full time back to drinking sodas.  Corry and I are back on our eating plan starting on Monday with the rest of my job's Biggest Loser program so the 'no drinking sodas' thing will be back on in full force starting on Monday.  I digress... he tells me they are out of three different sodas and that I will have to pick something else and then repeats back my order with a "something like that" in the middle of the substitution that I explicitly spelled out.  I should have known this was going to spell disaster. 

I should back up and say that if we would have been with Corry we would have gone inside to eat and this would have never happened.  However, I still have yet to figure out the logistics of eating out with two small mobile children.  Because I knew that we were not going to be getting out I didn't make sure that any of us were dressed appropriately.  Silas was in a shirt and a diaper,  and Isabella and I didn't have any shoes on.  I didn't look in the bags when he handed them to me because I (wrongly) assumed that it would be fine. 

I get home and start dispensing food.  Both kid's meals were missing applesauce.  There were no straws for any of our three drinks.  There was no plastic ware or napkins.  And my entire order was wrong.  All of the items that we ordered were wrong.  Why does this happen?  This is a fast food establishment.  There are not that many items on the menu to where it would be confusing about what was ordered or what was in the bag. 


On top of all of that, I look at the toy that was included in the kid's meals.  It is a Mr. Potato Head that has removable pieces.  The bag clearly says that it is for ages 2 and up (left).  There are pieces in this bag for this toy that are smaller than a silver dollar.  Picture to the right is two of the pieces from each set compared to an iPhone.  What was the person doing who decided the age limits on that toy?  Do they not know that any and all children put EVERYTHING in their mouths?  Inappropriate. 



It's been a long week already and I just needed to vent.  Luckily since we are getting back on the plan on Monday I won't have to deal with this fast food stuff much longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment