Saturday, January 19, 2013

Search for heart shaped silicone pan = over

When silicone baking pans first came out, I was un-amused.  I didn't cook back then at all.  And I mean, at all.  I made one dish and it was something that I made up that had chicken breasts, spinach, and a tomato dressing/marinade baked for a random amount of time.  Looking back it was awful.  Back to silicone pans... I was un-amused when they first came out because I didn't understand the potential.  Baking scared me and they didn't have one that was for making a grilled cheese or queso or something like that. 

I now am ridiculously curious about using them.  I know that the learning curve can be a bit high when they are used for baking, but I will rise above said curve!  I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to get a silicone pan in the shape of a heart to make my family a heart cake for Valentine's Day.  Try looking that up online or on eBay and you will be amazed at what people want you to pay for a single silicone heart shaped pan.  It's highway robbery.  I gave up and figured that I would formulate a plan later on in the month. 

Who would have thought that I would find an inexpensive one at Ikea?  Well, I found one today at Ikea for $8.99.  Hard to believe? Yes.  Totally worth it?  Absolutely.  I will post cooking adventures with a silicone pan in less than a month. 

I'm off to veg out on the couch until I need to log in and do some work in about an hour. 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I have never had success baking with silicone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Are you supposed to alter the times or temps or just bake as the recipe states?

    ReplyDelete